Friday

Quilt Show Surprise

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Found out a few days ago that I have won Second Viewers' Choice at the Sydney Quilt Show. Rhonda Pearce won first prize with an amazing applique and Raconteur came in second. 

Well today my parcel arrived from the guild and not only did I receive a gorgeous ribbon but also some beautiful fabrics from Charles Parsons. 

The fabrics are called St. Ives by Sarah Fielke and will be my next challenge. I have never worked with designs such as these. It will be interesting to see what I can come up with. 

As you can see from how I have laid out the fabrics there are two  baby quilts already in the planning.  I have a niece who is hoping to have a baby in the not too distant future and so will make a couple of quilts ready for the day. People think a baby quilt only takes a day or two. It probably does if I can stay focused that long:)
We will see

No comments:

Post a Comment