Well here it is Friday again. I have been unbelievably busy for most of the past fortnight but the last two days have been great. I am now working on the next border for the quilt top I flaunted a fortnight ago and have decided to do this block.
Initially I wanted to make 8in blocks but after talking with friends have changed my mind and will now make smaller blocks and ... if I can find some more hand dyes in enough colours will do a final border of sawteeth after this one.
Last night I decided that foundation piecing was the way to go and so drew them up and after only two more samples I have managed to work out what sizes to cut the fabric and the order of piecing to achieve what I want.
I am planning on making all of the backgrounds in black and the star/whatever in a variety of greens.