Saturday

Friday Flaunt

Well I hadn't realised that we had reached the end of the month until I checked the emails tonight and discovered everyone was flaunting. 

My biggest flaunt has to be Turkish Delight.  Although I have flaunted it before my flaunt is the fact that it won an award at the recent Sydney Quilt show, for best use of hand dyed fabrics. 

I used almost 300 different coloured fabrics and all except those in the outer row of stars were my own attempts. 

Some might say shows what mastery that I was able to get so many different colours.  Personally I would say shows what skill that I could repeat my recipe numerous times - exactly and yet obtain a different colour each time :)





As for actual sewing this month, well last month, I have actually had a productive month although not a lot is actually completed.  

 My tie quilt, which is one of my 10 in 10 targets would have been finished except that I have now decided it needs a border... so back to the WIPs pile it goes.   I have since taking this photo though added another row and joined all of the blocks together using red strips, looks quite smart.  Hopefully it will be finished this year.




I also finished two baby quilts.  One you can see here, while the other I posted to my nephew on Monday when he announced that Bailey Kate had been born. 


They were very impressed that I was able to whip up a pink quilt so quickly.  I did mention that although it was an easy quilt the only reason they received it before the child's first Xmas was because I had made two, this blue one and the other pink one.

Other than that all that I can flaunt is approximately 2,000 1/4in hexagon papers which I have cut in preparation for my next long term project.  I didn't photograph them as it really was depressing when I worked out how many I had... my calculations are that I will need at least ten times that many for the project.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats again on your Turkish Delight win. It's a gorgeous quilt, and knowing that you dyed so many of the fabrics makes it even more amazing.

    I, for one, would love to hear more/see more of your 1/4-inch hexies. Sounds intimidating... but very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Turkish Delight was one of my favourites quilts at the Sydney Quilt Show. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the prize for Turkish Delight it is a fantastic quilt, the tie quilt is different as well. Baby quilts they are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your win, what a wonderful thrill for you!! And so nice to see the other quilts too, good work.

    ReplyDelete