Wednesday

Nursery Rhymes - unnamed

Unnamed 1
Nursery Rhymes is a quilt that I have been working on for the past twelve months I think. I had an idea to make a larger version of Raconteur using the Raconteur 141 blocks. Most of the blocks in this quilt have been simply the blocks taken from Raconteur and then enlarged.
 I wanted another hand pieced project and so chose blocks which were best for hand piecing but which also would look good in the larger size. I'm not sure how many blocks I have finished so far but I don't have many more to go until I have enough for the baby quilt I plan to make...that's where the quilt title came from.
Unnamed 2

Unnamed 3

These three blocks are not from the original quilt. While working out which blocks I would use I occasionally felt like playing around with the design and viola these appeared. I liked them and thus they were made up. I haven't yet worked out a name for them but it will appear..someday soon I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment