Friday

One Man's Trash .....

Well I have been given a friend's unwanted scraps and boy what a monumental task it has been to organise them. I have been cutting for over two weeks and now have managed to clean up most of it but I was wondering this morning could I have done it better and after a bit of surfing have discovered that yes...... I could have completed it a lot more efficiently.
One site that I found is this one by Cindi Souder who gives some good suggestions on how to organise yourself for both better/cleaner cutting and more organised time management in the task of cutting fabric. Hopefully I remember it for next time but for now I have cut the following queen sized quilts from my friend's 'rubbish'
  • Storm at Sea
  • Kaleidoscope
  • Penrose Tiles
  • Three strippy quilts
  • Two hexagon scrooge quilts
What makes it even more amazing is those were cut from her small scraps. There still remain larger pieces to be cut ... another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment